The last two weeks for me have been many things, but most of it can be boiled down into two categories: Awesome and Not Awesome.
1. I got sick. Last year when I got sick it lasted over a month and I was an eyelash away from internment the hospital. I tried as hard as I could to avoid that this year.
2. You should never say “internment” and “hospital” in the same sentence in this area, because you have about a 50/50 chance of making it out of there alive. I’m not exaggerating.
3. The universe is conspiring to keep me from getting work done. Broken hydraulic hoses, broken loader bracket on the tractor, brakes went out on the pickup, battery died on the pickup, flat tire, broken air conditioner hose on the tractor, wind blew the gutters off the house, cow with a broken leg, cow with broken leg fell in the dam and had to be pulled out. And that was just the last week and a half.
1. My 9-year old cousin drew the picture above on my whiteboard in they gym. It perfectly illustrates Awesome and Not Awesome.
2. My cousin ND is a freshman in college and joined the crew team. I’m living vicariously through her and I’m ever so proud of her. Telephone conversations with her about 5 am workouts on the lake make me want to get my butt in gear.
3. I actually got a workout in today!
20 rounds of:
1 rep Back squat – 73#
1 rep Push Press – 73#
1 rep Power Clean – 73#
rest 5 minutes
Sled drag (light) x 6 x 50 yards